8 oz. cream cheese
2/3 c. peanut butter
2 c. powdered sugar
2 pre-cooked pie shells
2-8 or 9 oz. containers whipped topping
- Mix all ingredients, then pour into 2 prepared pie shells.
½ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1½ to 2 cups milk
3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flaked coconut, sliced banana, or ¼ cup cocoa powder
3 egg whites
6 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Whisk together sugar and flour well in small saucepan. (This is a very important step! It ensures a smooth filling.) Add milk and whisk well.
- Heat over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add egg yolks and boil for one additional minute to cook the eggs.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Mix by hand until butter is completely melted.
- Stir in fruit or cocoa, then pour into pie crust which has been pre-baked.
- For meringue, beat egg whites in a chilled bowl. When they are foamy, add sugar. Continue to beat.
- When they reach the soft peak stage, add cream of tartar to stabilize. Continue beating until the whites are stiff, but not dried out.
- Pour beaten egg whites over pie filling, and spread to cover the entire pie and the crust. Use the back of a spoon to create peaks on the meringue. If it’s a coconut pie, you can sprinkle additional flaked coconut over meringue.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Makes enough for one 9-inch pie.
2 c. sugar
1 T. cornmeal
1 T. flour
1/4 c. cream
1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 c. lemon juice
grated rind of 2 lemons
- This is all I got, folks. I’m sure that all the ingredients get all mixed up at some point then it gets cooked, but I’ll leave the “how” up to you.
- Please leave a comment if you try it out and come up with directions that work. Mama, this is where you could be a big help!
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 T. flour
1/4 c. melted margarine or butter
5 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 teas. vanilla
2 1/2 cup pecan pieces\
- Mix sugar, flour, butter and eggs in a bowl. Add syrup, molasses and vanilla until smooth.
- Place pecan pieces in bottom of unbaked pie shell (they will rise to the top), add the liquid mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes.
- A dip of good vanilla ice cream is great with this!!!!!!!