You can make this delicious dish with either cauliflower or Brussels sprouts, or both! The bacon is optional for vegetarian tastes, but it brings this dish to another level for the omnivores.
1 medium head cauliflower
– or – 1 lb. brussel sprouts
– or – 1/2 head cauliflower and 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts *recommended
3 thick slices bacon *optional
3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut cauliflower into ~1 inch pieces. If using Brussels sprouts, cut off the brown bottom and remove any yellow leaves, then slice in half. Place into large bowl.
- Slice bacon into 1/4 inch pieces. Place into the large bowl with the vegetables.
- Add to the bowl crushed, peeled and minced garlic, the Parmesan cheese, and drizzle in the olive oil. Toss everything together until the veggies are coated with the oil.
- Thinly spread the mixture out onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet (or use non-stick spray).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. If using thinner-sliced bacon, you can increase the oven temperature to 400° and bake for 20-30 minutes. Oven times are just a guideline – bake until veggies start to turn brown and the bacon sizzles.