2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
2 t. vanilla
1 t. cream of tartar
1 c. butter or margarine
2 beaten eggs
5 cups flour, sifted
1 t. soda
1/4 t. salt
- Cream sugar and butter. Add oil, then add eggs and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for approximately 2 hours to ensure easier handling, or overnight.
- Roll into small balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Press down with a very small glass which has been dipped in sugar. Dip each time before flattening cookie ball.
- Bake about 15 minutes at 350° or until edges begin to brown.
- Makes approximately 7 dozen cookies.