1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. honey
1/3 c. butter or margarine
5 1/2 – 6 1/2 c. flour
1 c. quick cooking oats
2 t. salt
2 pkgs. yeast
- Combine water, honey, and butter in small saucepan. Heat over very low heat until liquids are very warm (120 to 130 degrees).
- Place 5 cups flour, oats, salt, and yeast in bowl. Mix about 30 seconds. Gradually add warm liquids to flour mixture. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans side of bowl. Knead for five minutes longer.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- Punch dough down and divide into prepared pans. Cover; let rise second time until doubled, about an hour.
- Combine 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon margarine. Heat until margarine melts. Brush tops of loaves with mixture. Sprinkle with oatmeal. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.