2 cups sugar
2 cups white corn syrup (Karo)
1 lb. sweet cream butter
2 cups whipping cream
2 t. vanilla
7 cups pecans
- Cook sugar and syrup together until candy thermometer reaches 245° degrees (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat. Add butter and stir until dissolved.
- Add whipping cream slowly. Return to heat and cook until candy thermometer reaches 242°, stirring constantly. This will take almost an hour.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto sprayed or greased aluminum foil.
- Makes 60-80 pralines.