This is a very flexible recipe, so feel free to adjust the layers if you’d like.
1 can refried beans (or homemade Refritos)
1/2 cup salsa (store-bought or homemade Salsa)
1 large container of sour cream
1 package of taco seasoning mix (regular or spicy)
2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
1 bunch green onions, sliced thinly
1 can black olives, chopped
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Mix beans and salsa and spread in a 9-inch square pan.
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning mix, then layer on top of bean layer.
- Follow with layers of colby jack cheese, green onions, black olives, cheddar cheese, then finally the tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Can be made the day before and refrigerated, but wait until the last moment to add the tomatoes.