2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes
1 cup Italian dressing
2 cloves garlic, chopped, or 2 t. garlic powder
1/2 T. salt
2 small cans chopped green chilies
1 t. garlic powder
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups water
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
24 corn tortillas
- Mix together one can of Rotel, dressing, garlic and salt. Marinate chicken breasts in mixture at least 2 hours or overnight. Grill chicken until completely cooked. Allow to cool, then cut into a small cubes, and place in mixing bowl.
- In small sauce pan, combine juice from second can of Rotel, one can of the green chilies, garlic powder, bouillon cubes, and water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for one minute, then slowly add a small amount of cornstarch mixed with a little water.
- Using a hand blender, puree mixture until smooth – about 10-15 seconds. Stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add onion, tomatoes from the can of Rotel, second can of green chilies, and 2 cups of each cheese to chicken and mix well with your hands, slightly breaking up the chicken as you mix.
- Open the package of tortillas, and pour some water in the bag to soften the tortillas.
- Ladle enough of the sauce to cover the bottom of a 10″ X 15″ pan. Coat a tortilla on both sides with the sauce in the pan. Place about 1/4 cup chicken mixture along the diameter of the tortilla, then roll tortilla and place along the short side of the pan. Continue with remaining tortillas, adding more sauce in bottom of pan when necessary. Arrange tortillas tightly together until pan is full.
- Pour remaining sauce over rolled tortillas, then sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the enchiladas.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until cheese is completely melted and just beginning to brown. Allow to cool five minutes, then serve.